(1) A village in the district of Poznan with 21 houses, 153 people, 11 protestants, 142 Catholics, 64 cannot read. (2) a manor farm (folwark) in the district of Poznan, 800 acres (morgs), 3 houses, 64 people, all catholic, 28 cannot read. The post office and train station are in Gadki about 5 kilometers and in Gluszyna about 2 kilometers.
A village in the Poznan district. Prior to 1364 it used to be the property of Nicholas of Kobylin who exchanged this village for a different one through arrangements with the bishop of Poznan. About 1394 the bishop of Poznan, Dobrogosta, asked Peter of Czapury to divide the property into two parts: Babki and Czapury.
Source: Slownik Geograficzny Królestwa Polskiego - Warsaw [1881, vol. 1, p.74 & Addendum in vol. 15, 1902, p.62]
Submitted by Joseph F. Martin. Translated by Malgorzata Biela. Used by permission.