Chomentowo, Hedwighorst in German, a Dominion Manor Farm in the powiat of Szubin, comprising 1668 morgs of tillable fields and gardens; 10 homes or farmsteads, 158 inhabitants, 43 Protestant, 115 Catholic and 47 illiterate. A Catholic parish and chapel are part of the deanery of Chcynia (Kcynia). Chomentowo, is originally a possession of the Archbishopric of Gniezno in the 14th century, over time it fell into secular hands and became a center for a branch of the Chomętowski family. There is a Post Office in Szubin 11 km away, and a train station in Nakło about 30 km away and Zlotniki (Güldenhof) about 30 km away. M. St.[udniarski]
Source: Slownik Geograficzny Królestwa Polskiego - Warsaw [1880, vol. 1, p.627]
This translation, by Jim Piechorowski, is used by permission.