village and district, Inowroclaw county; 3 localities: 1) Dziewa a village; 2) Dziewa, an estate, 1,143 mórgs in size; 3) Czajka, an inn, 8 houses, 115 inhabitants, 11 Protestant, 104 Catholic, 55 illiterate. The postal station is at Papros, on the border of the Kingdom of Poland, 5 km. away, and the railway station is at Inowroclaw, 14 km. away. Formerly the property of J. Sobeski.
Source: Słownik Geograficzny Królestwa Polskiego - Warsaw [1881, vol. 2, p.289]
This translation, by William F. Hoffman, first appeared in the Summer 1998 issue of "Bulletin of the Polish Genealogical Society of America".