Wieszczyczyn was a village of the upper class (szlachta) with a church, agricultural land and a forest in Śrem county, with a court in Śrem, a custom house in Dolsk, a post office in Maslowie. The village had 396 acres (hectares) with a net revenue of 4777 German marks. In 1580 it included 4 1/2 lans (75.6 hectares), 2 garden farms, 2 tenant farms, 2 craft buildings and a windmill. The church has been there since 1446. In the beginning of the 16th century in place of the nearly bankrupt owner (Antoni Miaskowski), Adam Kaczorowski and Kazimierz Zablocki built a new wooden church. It burned down in 1678, but because of Maryanna Gorecki and the contribution of Wojciech Rakoszowski, the lord, it was rebuilt and renewed in the shape of a cross without a steeple. In 1870 it was renovated with the help of the people of the parish. Wieszczyczyn used to belong to Pogorzelski, Koszutski and Rakoszewski. The parish belonged to the Śrem deanery and had 1,571 souls in 1873.
Source: Słownik Geograficzny Królestwa Polskiego - Warsaw [1893, vol. 13, p. 425]
This translation, by Jaromir Iwanciow, and edited by William F. Hoffman, is used by permission.