The following article is a direct translation from the classic Genealogical and Heraldic reference "Herbarz Polski" by Kasper Niesiecki S.J., (Lipsk) edition 1839-46.
According to Paprocki, Okolski, and Potocki, three arrow shafts are arranged so as to form a sixpointed star in a red field. None of them describes the helmet. Rev. Rutka surmises that there were five ostrich plumes. The house is ancient. Okolski claims it arrived in Poland about 880AD from Moravia during the reign of Prince Ziemowit.
Among the standards that had been captured by King Jagiello's army at the Battle of Grunwald in 1410, Paprocki lists the 26th as having a shaft and arrow on red in the form of a cross. It belonged to the German gentry who had rallied to the support of the Knights of the Cross at their own expense. The 49th banner captured, which was similar with a white shaft and arrow in a red field, belonged to the commanders and Gniewski castle.
Families enjoying this coat-of-arms are: CHOCHOROWSKI, GRANIEWSKI, POZORZYCKI and SNIECHOWSKI. The Pozorzyckis, whether thru error or merit, also carry a moon under the shafts.
Copyright © 1984 Josephine M. Piegzik. Used by permission. This article originally appeared in Polish Genealogical Society Newsletter (Vol. 6, No. 2, Fall 1984), the journal of the Polish Genealogical Society (of America).