Research Parish Index Koscielec
St. Andrew the Apostle Parish
Railroad Depot: In Kolo - 7 Kilometers
Railroad Line: Kolo - Poznan - Kutno - Warszawa
Autobus Line: Koscielec - Kolo - Konin - Turek
Road Construction: Cement and asphalt
Kolo - 5 Kilometers
Russocice - 12 Kilometers
Villages within the jurisdiction of the Koscielec Parish
Dabrowice - 6 Kilometers
Mariampol - 2 Kilometers
Parish was organized in the 12th Century. The parish church is named Saint Andrew The Apostle
Construction of the Church:
Native Stone - Wood - Brick.
Entrance of Native Stone.
Nave - (main section) is Wooden from the 18th century. Part in the Romanesque Style.
The church was rebuilt in 1600’s and again in the 1760's, a nave constructed of oak, a high vaulted ceiling and a porch were added to the church. The sacristy and religious artifacts storage area is built of brick with high ceilings and the date on the brick is 1601. In the side sections are located two romanesque windows. The main altar is constructed in the rococo style relating to the artistic styles of the 18th century characterized by fanciful curved special forms and elaborate ornamentation.
The side altars are in the baroque style, having the characteristics of a style prevalent in the 17th century marked generally by extravagant gorms and elaborate and sometimes grotesque ornamentation. Specifically, also in architecture by dynamic opposition and use of curved and plaster figures. One of the altars has a painting of the Holy Family from the 18th century.
The baptismal font dates back to 1771.
A figure statue of Saint John Nepomucen from the 18th Century is made of sandstone and placed on a highly decorated pedestal.
The church was repainted in 1955. A concrete base were placed under the wooden sections.
A loud speaker system has also been installed.
The parsonage is of brick construction. According to previous writings, the parsonage was destroyed by fire on 20 March 1796 with all the parish registers. The organ and choir loft plus all other buildings are built of brick.
The parish cemetery is approximately 3 hectres or equivalent to 65 Acres and is located 2 kilometers from the church. The present church archives contain baptismal records from 1878, marriage records from 1895 and death records from 1889, but they are noted as incomplete. The Public Chapel on the cemetery grounds is of brick.
Source: Wloclawek Archdiocese Directory (1960?)
Submitted by: Leonard Cieslak (deceased), New Port Richy, FL (Apr 1997)
Saint Andrew the Apostle Parish
The parish is located near Kolo and Konin. The Presbytery was built with narrow stone in the XII century. A wooden structure was built in the XVIII century. The church was expanded in 1600 and 1760. A planked vestibule was added. Also, the ceiling in the dome and vestry was plastered. In the dome there are two windows (Romans). In the vestry are bricks dated from 1601. The church has three altars, one Rocco, two others Baroque. In one of them is a painting of the Holy Family from the XVIII century. The baptismal font is from 1771. There is a statue of St. John Nepucina made of sandstone from the middle of the XVIII century which stands on an elaborate pillar. A concrete foundation was placed under the wooden church in 1967.
The cemetery has an area of 3 hectors and is located two kilometers from the church.
Parish village communities: Dabrowice, Gasiorow, Gozdow, Mariampol, Straszkow, Trzesniew.
Neighboring parishes: Kolo, Krzymow, Dobrow, Russocice, Bialkow.
Source: Lublin Archdiocese Directory (1960?)
Submitted/Translated by: Rose Szczech (May 1997);