Research Parish Index Kumow
Annunciation of the Blessed Virgin Mary Parish
The parish, near Chelm, was established November 29, 1434. The present church was built between 1820 - 1824. It was consecratred on October 8, 1826 by Bishop J. M. Dziecielski. In 1907 the church was reconstructed in Baroque style. The Kumon cemetery has a burial chapel.
Parish village communities: Alojzow, Debina, Haliczany, Kasilan, Koczow, Kumow Majoracki, Kumow Plebanski, Lesniowice, Leszczany, Majdan Lesniowski, Molodutyn, Pliskow, Pobolowice, Politylowka (Politowka), Rozdzalow, Sielec, Wolawce, Wolka Leszczanska, Zazdzary.
Source: Lublin Archdiocese Directory (1960?)
Submitted/Translated by: Rose Szczech (May 1997);